20101101

Evolution of an Idea: Chapter 3

As I mentioned in my last post, my curvy chair idea was derailed and I was forced to reconsider my design. I have gone in a more manageable direction, and focused on an end table. Furthermore, the table is based on a more specific form of the general philosophy outlined in my last post. I have been using a lot of text lately, so this time I will try to let the pictures speak for themselves as much as possible.

Detachable Luminaire may be used independently:

Table has a physically strong and stable form. Tapering shape is vaguely reminiscent the mouthpiece viewed in elevation (see layout above).

Table may be easily and quickly dismantled and stored. Bottom can remain temporarily independent when top is removed to use as a food tray or lap work surface.



No comments: